Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Welcome fellow junkies!

Hello, and welcome to my blog! Honestly, I expect this internet endeavor to go no further than my own eyes, and I'm a-okay with that. I merely want a place to put my thoughts and feelings about my own fitness, my latest fitness and nutrition obsessions, and fitness goals to be developed for the future. I am no elite athlete. I am no supermodel. I am just a woman, excited/titillated/thrilled by the latest exercise fads and products designed to make us all leaner, meaner, and healthier.

A little bit about me and my fitness journey: I'm a 27-year-old woman living in North Carolina, working at a coffee and dessert cafe, and trying my best to enjoy life and be a good person. Within the next year, I'm hoping to work on becoming a certified personal trainer in order to transform my personal hobbies into a career. I would love to become a person to helps people feel physically strong and well, comfortable in their bodies, and less afraid of exercise as a daily practice.

My own exercise currently includes running about three times a week, and bikram yoga (a series of 26 Hatha yoga postures in a room heated to 105 degrees!) twice a week. I enter road races often, and I'm looking forward to a Thanksgiving run in Williamsburg, VA in a few weeks. I would like to incorporate more weight training into my exercise program soon.

Is there more to say? Hell yes! But I'll leave this for now as my opening post. As I continue to make progress in becoming fitter, stronger, faster, and healthier, I'll post about it here. Huzzah! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment